WSG interviews QAC CEO about draft masterplan
Last week, we interviewed QAC CEO about the organisation’s draft masterplan for Queenstown Airport (through to 2032). The interview is in full below, with timecodes beneath the video if you want to jump to sections of interest to you. This page also contains details about how to make a submission on the consultation.
Video time codes (approximate)
- 00:20 What is the Masterplan?
- 01:50 Key changes proposed at the airport.
- 05:40 The numbers and timeframes?
- 07:29 Have you looked at the impact of these numbers?
- 08:49 Controls on rate of growth.
- 11:45 Domestic vs international visitors
- 13:12 Plans for Wanaka?
- 16:29 Sustainable tourism.
- 19:30 The difficulties with “zero carbon aviation”.
- 22:11 Will QAC publish carbon emissions?
- 23:28 onwards. The Tarras airport proposal, and QAC’s position.
- 28:30 The idea of shutting down Queenstown Airport to open Tarras.
- 30:20 Making submissions
Making a submission
- You have until Friday 23rd June to make a submission on this draft masterplan
- Over the next few days, WSG is developing thoughts around the draft masterplan, and our position on its contents. We will share these with you in our next update, by Sunday morning latest.
- In the meantime, watch the video of the interview with Glen Sowry (above), and also have a look at the detailed information available on the draft masterplan submission page, which you will find here.
- We will be in touch no later than noon on Sunday, to give you time to make a submission