Membership and Mandate
We’re often asked “who do you represent”? Well, as the largest group (of any description) in Wanaka, we represent a real cross-section of our community.
There is some information below [last updated 09.08.19]
- As at this date, we have 2,276 members
- That’s equivalent to 32% of the adult population of Wanaka. Or 22.8% of the adult population of the Wanaka Ward (= Upper Clutha).*
- To put this into perspective, if this campaign was based in Auckland, and we had the same proportion of the Greater Auckland population, our membership would be 377,796.**
- We also have the full backing of the community associations of Hawea, Luggate, Mt Barker and Albert Town, who put out a joint statement in support of WSG – which is a first for Wanaka. Details here.
Of course, to join Wanaka Stakeholders Group simple fill out this form. It’s free, quick and will remain confidential.
* Wanaka population 2018 is 8,720. Census data shows that 19% of the population are children (= <16). Adult population therefore 7,063.
* Wanaka Ward population 2018 is 12,320. Therefore adult population is 9,979.
* Source: https://www.qldc.govt.nz/assets/Uploads/Our-Community/Population-Projections/QLDC-Growth-Projections-2018-to-2048-summary-table.pdf
** Population of Auckland 1,657,000.