Please Help Us
We are a core group of volunteers running Protect Wanaka to hold QLDC and Council to account, as well as taking them to court. There are plenty of ways you can help.
Help fund our legal battle – please donate today
We’re taking QLDC and QAC to court to stop them moving forward with plans for a jet capable airport in Wanaka. The High Court will determine whether the lease of Wanaka Airport is unlawful (because of lack of consultation with the community). We an experienced and senior legal team, many of whom are working for us pro-bono. But there are direct legal costs (such as court fees, support specialists, travel etc). So any financial contribution you can make will be greatly appreciated.
- [Preferred method] Deposit your donation directly into the Wanaka Stakeholders Group Incorporated bank account here (and email us to let us know please): 06-0943-0826449-00
- Donate via our Givealittle page here [although please note that this costs us 5%]
- If you’d like to make a substantial contribution, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Sign up to become a member and stay informed.
Keep up to date, and join WSG, buy sign up to our member list here.
- Please do this now – it is free and takes 30 seconds.
- The greater number of people who join Wanaka Stakeholders Group Incorporated, the more our collective voice will be heard by Council and central Government.
- Once you are signed up we will keep you informed at every key step and let you know how and when you can help.
Secondly, if you are a Facebook user, join us here. We post regularly with updates, media coverage and other key information.
What else can you do?
Then there are many things you can do to help ensure that you are involved in shaping the best possible future for Wanaka.
- Become a volunteer – if you think you can offer help in some way, here’s where to do that: click here.
- Connect, share and comment on social media.
- And of course please keep talking about the issue with as many people as you can. Let’s build momentum!
- Please encourage friends and family to do the become members.
- If you feel like emailing, tweeting or sharing on Facebook, here’s something you can use:
- Take action now! Don’t let a small group of Auckland executives decide the future of our community without your input. Join Wanaka Stakeholders Group: http://eepurl.com/govdiH